Sunday, November 22, 2009

Buying and Selling Vintage.

I have started buying and selling vintage clothes and accessories. What else is a vintage gal to do while she is unemployed and searching for work but to model vintage and to buy and sell it too.


Currently I sell it at my house and it is through exclusive invatation and by appointment only - so far I have sold several items each time I have had people over. Which keeps me busy hunting for more, it's great because I like hunting for it and I enjoy getting it in fixing it up making a few calls and snap! Turn around time has been great. All in all it sells pretty well and that is also because I keep my prices very reasonable.


Then last Saturady I had my vintage at an open house, one of my photographers (Frank Desantis) has a studio at the Towne Storage Building and every year all of the artists have an open house prior to holiday time. There were 20 different artisans selling their wares there this year. I was invited to attend and I asked if I could bring my vintage to sell (because I like to think outside the box) and my photographer said that would be great because he was promoting and taking orders for his new vintage theme pin-up calendar. I am in this calendar as Miss April and Miss July so we were able to cross promote each other. I was so happy because I sold a whole bunch more vintage and met a new photographer to work with plus made some new friends along the way.


I will be showing and selling my vintage again at a burlesque show coming up in the first week of December so stay posted I will let you all know where and when my different venues will be plus I will still be showing on a regular basis at my house.

No comments: