Friday, December 26, 2008

Cat Sitting Milton Kitty

Over the last 10 days I have been cat sitting Milton for the holidays. The last few days I was stuck at Milton's apartment because I was snowed in. My brother was going to come and pick me up and take me to mom and dad's for Christmas but the mountain pass ended up closed due to the weather. I had a vegetarian burrito for Christmas dinner. However Milton and I had lots of fun anyways - we watched the snow fall, we played together with his toys and he curled up next to me while I knitted.

I am Milton's adopted mom, when Milton grew up he told me he wanted to move into his own apartment. I told him that was OK - I understood because when they grow up we need to let them spread there wings or in this case to spread there paws and to live the life they want and need. I told him he needed a roommate because there are still things he needs assistance with of course. He was going to place an add in the paper but I told him no, because who knows what kind of a freak he might have ended up with. I told him I would ask around to see if anybody needed a roommate. I asked one of my vintage pals and she said that yes indeed she was looking for a hep cat for a roommate. So I introduced them and boy did they hit it off well. She said he was just what she was looking for and that he is the most prrrrrfect roommate.

Milton now lives in a really cool old apartment, I think it was built in the 1930's and it overlooks another kind of a neat art deco style building behind the apartment, this building is called: CONVENTION PLAZA, I never new it even existed but I like to look out the window at it and imagine what used to happen there back in the old days.

I knew instantly Milton and my pal would be the best of friends it's a plus that she just adores cats. Milton grew up in a vintage household and was used to having old time things around, seeing antiques and laying around on vintage furniture. This is the environment he is most comfortable in, he is right at home here with my friend and her little studio apartment and all of her vintage and antiques. However Milton did seem to enjoy his visit from his mommy.

No comments: